Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fuel Tank Side Fuel Hoses Retrofit

I decided I wanted to get the first part of the fuel system retrofitted with new hoses. Nothing like 36 year old hoses cracking and spewing fuel on hot headers! I started with the fuel filler neck hose…..OH MY GOD..what a pain in the a$$. It literally took me a few weeks to get the right combo. The wining touch was some clear racing cell filler tube and my wife’s uncle, Sotiris. This was definitely a one man job and without his help, I wouldn’t be writing this. Next up was the fuel pump hose. I do have a new fuel sender gauge but I am not installing it yet. I cleaned up the wiring to see if there maybe was an issue with corrosion or something. Will find out soon. I wrapped the fuel hose in a heat resistant mesh cover. I wanted to avoid vapor lock so that will be a nice addition to the engine compartment. I also have a new fuel pump because the car was stalling. It might be a float level issue or it might be the pump. Either way, I’ll go through a process of elimination. My goal is to just make this a driver at this point. Pics below:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

















No comments:

Post a Comment