Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fuel Lines & Pump

For this project, I wanted to replace all the fuel lines from the tank, to the pump and from the pump up to the carb. I also wanted to install a fuel pressure gauge and wrap the fuel lines in heat wrap to control any vapor lock. I also changed the glass fuel filter between the pump and the carb to a metal fuel filter.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

While I was in the mix with the fuel lines, I thought I would change out the old fuel pump. The old pump was in good shape
Photobucket




My first replacement was a beautiful pump from RobbMc Performance. This pump is a work of art. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to fit due to a clearance issue with the coolant line. Others suggested that I just relocate the line but I didn't want to deal with bleeding the cooling system, etc.


Photobucket Photobucket

As a result, I went to a trusty holley fuel pump and it installed without issue.



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment