Monday, March 22, 2010

Front Suspension and New Brake Install

Front Suspension
As with the rear shocks, I had the spacers removed to lower the car to european spec. Here are the before and after:


Photobucket Photobucket

Front Caliper Install
The new "Super Brakes" actually use a new routing for the brake fluid. Instead of two bleed screws and external brake lines like on the original caliper, the new ones plug up the external lines and utilize one of the bleeders as the fluid connection point. Anyway, I received overwhelming feedback on the forums NOT to use original compound brake pads and to purchase some Porterfield brake pads. I heeded their advice and purchased a set (both front and rear). These are the pads that I am using today. I also saftey wired the caliper bolts like I did in the rear. Don't want to lose a caliper!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket









No comments:

Post a Comment